Saturday, February 19, 2011

Timepiece

Lately I've noticed men following a trend of big, bulky, and bedazzled watches. I don't understand it.  Doesn't look good with a suit, doesn't look good dressed down.  Here are a few examples of what not to do, or rather, what to do if you want to come across as boorish and uncouth.








Myself, I like the clean lines of the more classic look.  This is my daily wear for brown.  A great Baume & Mercier that can be had for under $2k.


When sailing I sport this blue-faced Seiko.  Simple and classic, but inexpensive enough that I won't cry too much when it gets smashed against a winch.



Someday (most likely never), when I can justify spending $150k+ on adorning my wrist, I'll be donning this stunning beauty, an Italian 1969 Patek Philippe. 


Still on the fence for a black daily.